How to Report Social Security Fraud
Do you suspect someone of committing fraud, waste, or abuse against Social Security?
SSA’s Office of Inspector General (OIG) Fraud Hotline takes reports of alleged fraud, waste, and abuse. Reporting is easy, safe and secure.
You can reach OIG by internet, phone, mail, or facsimile:
- Submit a fraud report online
- Submit a fraud report by U.S. Mail:
Social Security Fraud Hotline
P.O. Box 17785
Baltimore, MD 21235
- Submit a fraud report by fax: 410·597·0118
- Submit a fraud report by telephone: 1·800·269·0271 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding Federal holidays
- Submit a fraud report by TTY: 1·866·501·2101 for the deaf or hard of hearing
Note: If you cannot reach a representative on the Fraud Hotline between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. EST, you can report Social Security program fraud directly to any Social Security office, including representatives at SSA’s toll-free number, 1·800·772·1213 from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. SSA employees will take your information and send it directly to the Office of the Inspector General.
For more information about reporting Social Security fraud, waste or abuse, please visit the website of SSA’s Office of the Inspector General.